Tuesday, February 1, 2011

You look just like your father....

Countless times I have heard, you have GOT TO BE Donnie Whitehurst's daughter OR you look just like your Daddy!! And, trust me I take pride in both. To me there is no greater compliment than to be my daddy's daughter... I can never hear that enough. On my ride home today I was observing the version of myself that played out today, counting the things I got wrong and those I got right, sorta a self accountability system I have.  Mama called in the mist of this and asked "what are you doing", I say  "self accounting on the drive home" and once I explained it to her she says, "you are just like your daddy." After our conversation, it was back to me and the music playing in the Jeep, I starting to ponder on that. How incredible it is to be just like my daddy, to have people who know us both recognize and acknowledge how closely we resemble. Whether it be by physical appearance, or noticed in our actions/ expressions, or through our conversations. And, it got me thinking...how amazing would it be if the world looked and me and said "you are just like your Father", and yes meaning my Father in Heaven. See as much as it is a compliment to be Donnie Whitehurst's daughter it is the utmost privilege to be God's daughter. How much do I resemble my heavenly Father?... unfortunately it is not enough most days to be noticed., or pieced together. And, so today I aspire to be more like my Father because I want the world to see just how much I do resemble my "daddy" in Heaven. I want the world to noticed that I am my Father's daughter!

No comments:

Post a Comment